In this short review, we'll discuss the Mad Rock Climbing Shoes. The shoes are lightweight, durable, and great for beginner climbers. Throughout the review, we'll show the pros and cons of this product. In fact, we included a buyer's advice section to help you find the right specs for your shoes.
Our main goal is to help you find the right pair of climbing shoes. Rock climbing is a dangerous activity, and you'll need a shoe that supports your feet. Read the review to find out if the Mad Rock Climbing Shoe is the right shoe for you.
About The Product
Mad Rock is a manufacturer that started back in 2002. It's a small business that creates innovative and affordable climbing shoes. The company uses premium materials and the latest technology to meet their consumers again. Because of this, the Mad Rock Climbing Shoes are worth the investment.
We like the Mad Rock Climbing shoes because of its modest price. The shoes are found on Amazon at about $50. Buy this pair of climbing shoes if you are on a budget and need reliable shoes to support you during your summits.
This climbing shoe is made for indoor rock climbing. For instance, the shoes are malleable enough to grab and bend the holes on the steep. Consumers love this shoe because it increases their foot strength when climbing on vertical platforms and is great for beginners.
Plus, the shoe has a great design. When opened, the shoes have a medium stiff feel. This gives you enough support to do challenging climbs with ease. Get these shoes if you need something that's versatile and supportive for intense rock climbing.
Since the shoes are neutral fit, they provide a lot of comfort to your feet. The shoe has thick rubber soles which help prevent foot injuries when climbing. Because of this feature, the shoes are perfect for your climbing needs.
Before buying your first pair, make sure purchase a size larger than your casual size. Climbing shoes are supposed to fit snug when you first wear them. On average, consumers have to wear the shoes for a day to prepare for climbing. You'll like these shoes if you want something that's easy to break into and utilize.
But, you need to look out for the lack of durability. The shoes have a lifespan of 6 months before wears and tears start to appear. Get a replacement if the rubber of your shoes starts to fade and lose its quality.
For beginners, this shoe works miracles on your climbing performance. It keeps your feet aligned when climbing high summits. By wearing these shoes, they'll increase the effectiveness of your climbing while remaining comfortable to wear.
Here's our buying advice how to choose the best climbing shoes:
- Strap: Strap (hook-and-loop) offer an excellent amount of on/off convenience. They are made for gym climbing and bouldering when you want to remove the shoes in between climbs easily.
- Lace-Up: Lace-Up is the most versatile type of foot closure. When your foot swells or becomes hot, you can lower the laces. But for a difficult climb, increase the instep and the toe to increase the performance.
- Slip On: Slip on shoes have an elastic closure system. Also, the shoes offer the lowest profile and best sensitivity than any other shoe. Slippers are good for training – without a stiff midsole or sole, your feet will become fast and stronger. Since slip on shoes has no laces or straps, they are great for climbing through thin cracks.
Shoe materials have either synthetic or leather uppers. Leather and Unlined leather shoes are the easiest to maintain. Most high-performance shoes consist of synthetic material, and many vegans and vegetarians prefer using synthetic shoes.
- Lined Leather: When your leather upper is lined, the stretch is reduced to ½ a size or lower. But the manufacturers line the reduce the stretch where it's needed and line up only the toes to reduce the shoe's cost.
- Synthetic Materials: Synthetic shoes don't stretch and slightly softens up when used. Because of this reason, don't expect the shoe to change in size. Perforated synthetic shoes have more room than the solid fabric. Some synthetic shoes allow your feet to breathe and reduces sweat when rock climbing.
- Unlined Leather: Unlined leather shoes stretch to a full shoe size. Size the shoes, so your toes don't reach the end of the shoe. Make sure your toes rest against the leather. Understand that the leather shoes will bleed its color onto your feet.
Climbing Shoe Tips
Shop during the afternoon: Your feet start to swell during the day. Because of that, you'll need to buy them during the afternoon. Also, go for a walk, climb, or a run before shopping for shoes. For colder climates that require a sock, buy a shoe that's a ½ size larger.
Know your shoes fit: Climbing shoes don't have to fit painfully. Foot pain causes blisters, calluses, and bunions, and prevents you from climbing at your maximum potential.
Make sure to get a climbing shoe whose toes are bent at the knuckles to improve your performance.
To conclude, we think that the Mad Rock Climbing Shoes is the best shoes worth your money. They have enough support to protect your feet during intensive climbs. If you want the best pair of inexpensive climbing shoes, then you should look into this product.
Do you have any experience using climbing shoes? Share a comment below!